Monday, May 18, 2009

A Wild Week

Life has gotten busy lately, and so the blog has seemed to get pushed to the bottom of the list! I am so sorry!! The last two weeks went like this... To start things off, my grandmother passed away a week and a half ago. So with only a couple days notice, I boarded a plane this past Monday for a whirlwind two-day trip to Arizona for the funeral. My grandmother was a strong, encouraging woman of God! The testimonies shared throughout the funeral activities again brought her wonderful spirit alive for those who knew her. The days were spent visiting with family whom I haven't gotten to see much lately. And leaving the rain for 105 degrees was actually nice. It was really a refreshing trip overall.

Once I returned, Jason and I enjoyed an amazing weekend at the coast for a couple's retreat. The getaway was to celebrate our 6th anniversary. The speakers were really insightful and talked a lot about the importance of commication in marriage. What a great reminder! Jason and I had a great time walking along the shoreline, flying kites, eating at a local brewery, and staying up into the wee hours of the morning playing cards with friends. What a precious time to be together, away from the children, for the first time since Natalie was born.


Yesterday was such a gorgeous day, we decided to spend the evening eating a picnic dinner at the park with the kids. Jason's parents and grandma met up with us also. What a perfect end to a crazy and rewarding week!

I have MANY pictures, but haven't had the time to upload them from my camera...they will come soon...

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that things went well at the funeral, and that you and Jason had a wonderful getaway! I am looking forward to catching up with you friend. Praying for you!
    Love,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Click to see my website!

Click to see my website!
Terra Stopher Photography