Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Me... A Wedding Photographer?

I started a photography business a little over a year ago. My focus was to be infants and children and I began by begging all of my friends to allow me to take pictures of their kids! Little by little, I have built a portfolio and a decent website. Well this past week, I had a relative come to me and ask if I would be willing to consider doing pictures for her friend's wedding, LAST MINUTE! I had always said I would never photograph a wedding, as it is not something I can retake if I happen to mess up. But I felt that this was a situation that actually might make for a great first wedding...so I said yes! The wedding was on Sunday. I had about a week to prepare and was more nervous than I had ever been. I called my great friend a couple of days before the day and she offered to come along and assist me. I thought that was a wonderful idea! So together we went went on a journey as the "wedding photographers". The day started HOT, and the wedding was a little off schedule when we arrived. But I think that we pulled it off! Here are a couple shots I took, it's just a sneak peek, I will have more on my business website http://www.terrasphoto.com/, in a week or so, once I am able to show the pictures to the bride and groom. Stay tuned!






And we are exhausted, but had a blast!



3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures you took-can't wait to see more! Way to go with doing that!! You are so talented! PS Made zuchinni bread today...can I just say YUM?!!!! I might be begging you for more zuchinni because this bread won't last me long! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool Terra! The pictures look amazing and I know you'll do great at whatever you do- so proud of you... and a little jealous! I've always wanted to take pictures! Well, I'll have to have you come take ours sometime! Glad to see all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are gorgeous! But then all the pictures you take just seem to have that extra beautiful edge...I need to have some family ones done soon (I keep meaning to call and set up a time, but for some reason I keep falling asleep when the kids do!)

    ReplyDelete

Click to see my website!

Click to see my website!
Terra Stopher Photography