Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pitas!


Ok. So I have been inspired lately to write. Maybe it is that my nausea is starting to get better, maybe it is just the nice sunny summer weather. Whatever the case, I must say that there is nothing quite like the smell of fresh baked bread in you home! For those of you who have made bread before, or for those who are just adventurous, I found a wonderful recipe for homemade pitas you must try. It is a little bit time consuming, but the smell in your home and the taste of hamemade pitas just can not compare to buying them from the store. I tried one fresh out of the oven and they are amazing! My first thought was how good they would be slathered with Nutella. Then I thought about all of the lunch sandwhich possibilities for Caleb - PB&J, Chicken Salad, Tuna, deli meat...it is nearly endless! And what toddler wouldn't love a sandwich that is a pocket? Caleb didn't want to eat his half, he wanted to put it on his pants like a "pocket". How fun! A little note for those who try this recipe...don't overcook them! I tried 4 minutes with the first batch, and the edges got just a little bit too crispy to where they wouldn't soften up and cracked. So I would start with only 3 minutes and then work your way up. Really, they don't need to get very brown at all. Mine just got mostly brown on the bottom where they sat on the rack. Other than that, this is pretty simple, but make sure you have a few hours to tend to all of the rising periods. Then enjoy!! Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Click to see my website!

Click to see my website!
Terra Stopher Photography